Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:33 AM   #16
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Re: Not trying to copy E U but...

Samanda, I dont even know who Protec's character is but as I have said before, the officers have thrown that whole idea out the window because it is very unrealistic. If ATF and WH can do MC together, then that is awesome but it doesnt hurt to be familiar with the content so you do not end up wasting whole nights wiping on bosses.

Here is a little FAQ:
Q: Ardamir, will we need to pay 300g to go on these MC runs?
A: No.

Q: So we do not need to pay 300g?
A: Correct.

Q: If I had 300g could I buy a spot on this raid?
A: No, the spots on this raid will be occupied by members who have honored their side of an agreement between the two guilds.

Q: 300g is alot of gold ya know.
A: This is true but you are not going to be paying 300g if you do not want to.

Q: What do we need to do to go on these raids?
A: That is entirely up to you guys, you name the terms and hopefully Sleep will accept.

Q: What type of loot can we get?
A: Again, that depends on the terms of the agreement that you guys make.

Q: What are the terms of this agreement?
A: There are none until ATF makes them and Sleep accepts.

Q: Again, do I need to pay 300g?
A: No!

Samanda: Is your GM a crack addict?
A: Yes.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #17
Fatalle
Officer

Fatalle RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Fatalle

Ardamir, please understand...I don't think its the straying from WH or the gold issue (which I realize is not an issue, but I'm sure you can see how it was a blinding scare) that has our guild on the defensive with this possibility. Its the attitude going into this that has been displayed by Sleep that has us totally rubbed the wrong way. EU never once made us feel like they were the ones doing US the favor (although I'm sure everyone involved ATF-side feels we had the better end of the deal). They were always very gracious, and I think thats a huge part of why we warmed up to them so well. I think I speak for most of us when I say that the impression we have from Sleep at this point is one of sheer arrogance, and no, I'm afraid we are not responding well to it...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Your additude towards trying to explain the 300g and taking it out on us doesnt boast well for you or Sleep. Instead of explaining it you get all childish. Cannonball was nice enough to explain it. Your making issues out of something that could have been explained very easy but you took a different road.

I personally don't want anything to do with this anymore your additude towards me and my guildmates has ruined it. Lets just end it now and move on.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #19
Banne
Cake Fairy

Banne RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Banne Send a message via MSN to Banne

This is all basically one big misunderstanding, which has built up quickly, and stupidly. I blame Ardamir since he is from Texas. Now. In the Immortal Words of Nizzutz, "cant we all just....get along?". (I dont think Niz has really said that, being a fat putz and all). Okay, what I suggest in this situation is having sleep members each donate 100 of their own gold. The core raiding 40 only even. 4k gold should be enough to buy any mats you need, 20g is just stupid amounts. Validus did the right thing and everyone in the guild took 2 weeks off of raiding and farmed, and look at them, tearing up teh Naxx. If people cant commit the time to farming, then they shouldnt commit the time to raiding. Simple as that.
Ohhh, and kill, kill, kill the white man. Kill him till he's dead.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:11 AM   #20
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Yeah... this game is starting to blow a huge sac. I miss the days of not having to mindlessly grind for weeks just to have the option of doing new content.

One of the reasons I am not around as much anymore.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #21
Cucucan

Cucucan RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Cucucan

I think this is a "No go" but......
It sounds to me like they want to farm MC for the loot to make the gold they need to buy the mats. They don't really want our mats but, they can't seem to fill a MC raid. I think our ONLY counter offer should be.....If they have so much trouble filling out a MC raid that they're "desperate" enough to ask a lowly little guild like ATF for help...let us go for free to fill the needed spots. They obviously get nothing if they can't fill a raid. Although we are too small to do this content alone, they think we obviously have the talent they want and need to do it. Let us take all the useable drops for the classes (set or otherwise) we bring and they keep the the gear the present classes of ours can't use. PERIOD!!! That sounds the most fair. Oh.....and an ATF'er is the master looter. Frankly, I don't trust these assholes. considering their first offer. 300g+200-300g per drop or "too bad so sad"
Thats only way I would do it with these folks! We're approximately 3 months from expansion where the drops we would be getting in MC are going to be meaningless anyway, and they want charge us 200-300g each drop. WTF!

However, for the record, I liked the deal we had with EU. That was worth the time to farm. Although I was a bit disenchanted with the 1 MC run I did with EU....I donated my mats to them and 2 druid set pieces dropped and EU alts got them. At the time I thought "np, next time" well that turned out to be untrue. Since then I've gotten my mats back so, no big deal but I would have rather had the druid drops.

If they won't agree to the offer in my 1st paragraph........they can "bite me" I honestley believe that they think if someone isn't a hardcore raider they're an idiot and will do anything and/or pay anything for the "Purps"

Old 08-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #22
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Threads been dead for a week no deal will be made so lets just let it die.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #23
Cucucan

Cucucan RSS Feed
WoW Characters

lol......Been busy first of last week at work and then went on vacation since wednesday. I suck at forums.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #25
Balleraphon

Balleraphon RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Cucu, sorry you feel that way dude. As far as the new druid, he actually wasn't an alt. He was a new raider that we had picked up b/c of our quickly deteriorating druid situation. We basically had 2 of our very geared druids ebay in 1 week. I talked to the other officers and we did make the conscious decision that we would atleast gear him with Cenarion as we did need him for our raid team at the time. Once again, I do apologize about the delay on returning the donations. I hope you have received yours by now.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #26
Cucucan

Cucucan RSS Feed
WoW Characters

I think I'm going to post in "Magenta" from now on......LOL
Baller:
Its OK. That part of my comment, I just thought I would put out there for a "future reference" for us all when we decide to team up with another guild. Like I said, At the time it didn't upset me much because I thought I would have another chance to go. I was mildly dissapointed but, its just a game. I appreciate you and the opportunity that was given to me and ATF. As far as my mats being returned, yes, I have them and its NP. I trusted you. No worries here.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #27
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Thats why you read the forums a little more if possible or when you know these kinda runs will be going on. The rules were set up before the runs. We all knew they would get gear before us if they needed it. So really can't get mad for something that was discussed before hand. If you missed it then you missed it . You were told when it happened that that was the deal.

We always talk things out before running these types of runs with other guilds.

Last edited by Stang; 08-06-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #28
Cucucan

Cucucan RSS Feed
WoW Characters

OK....It must be my fault. But I think I explain myself rather well but I find I have to say the same stuff over and over.
Again...
I understand all that Stang. I was never mad. I was confused and disappointed. Initially for only a moment because it was explained to me at the time. So no problem. After that, I was only disappointed because, as it turned out, it was the only run I was able to go on. The only run of a total of two. Its just disappointing is all. I'm fine!

Everyone needs to really stop giving me a hard time about my forum reading habits. Because I'll tell you how I feel about that. I'm no prude by any stretch of the imagination but, I can't see how anyone can find anything important amidst some of the crap thats said in the forums.

Back when all this started with EU I tried to find a thread that went over the rules/agreement with EU but, I honestly couldn't find one. It took me 30-40 mins to find the post by baller about what the turn-ins where. I realize I don't read the forums as much as I should, that part is my fault but, I don't have the time, energy and inclination to weed through all the shit about boobs, boob pics and Niz's dick (these are only examples). So I get bored and stop. If folks could stay on topic in any of the more serious threads I might actually get the information I want and need. Now I enjoy a good joke and can tease folks and joke around with the best of them in the forums (I made Stoke spit SunDrop onto his monitor just the other day) but you will notice I only do it in the threads that start out as a joke or are intended to be a "joke". Its my understanding that the "General" forum is the place to post the trash and joking around. I wish folks would do it that way. Then those of us who want to get the information can find it.......EASILY

Talk trash, joke and play around in the forum categories made for that. Keep the more serious information threads clean of the useless crap! I really don't think its too much to ask. I'm also sure I'm not alone in this. I'm sure there are others who feel the way I do too.
Closed Thread

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft