Notices

Old 09-24-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via MSN to Cass
Talking BFRs

ok this is something i want to try when BFRs come out get like 15 gun BFRs (a full platoon of guys) and march on a base like this

Crashing Cows since day 1.
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #2
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Ya that would be fun .
Old 09-24-2004, 05:05 PM   #3
Muzo
PlanetSide Characters

Muzo RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I'm game, I'll definitely get BFR Pilot cert.
Muzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #4
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I think instead of having 15 Gun BFR's there should be 5 jump BFR's and 10 Gun BFR's.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:16 PM   #5
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
hmm that would work to but i still want to see a big line of them marching towards a Nme base it would scare the shit out of them wouldnt it scary you to see 10 of those.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:40 PM   #6
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
I would duck and run faster than the speed of light if I saw 10 of those things marching on my possition and another 5-10 of them jumping over the walls into my base. I say 5-10 because the gun version takes two and 15 of them would be a toon. Which means if we had 10 gun BFR's we can also have 10 jump BFR's.

20 BFR's marching your direction in two lines, the first being the gun BFR's and the second being the jump BFR's. The first row begins blasting your possiton forcing your team into cover either in the building or behind the walls. The first row comes to a stop a fair distence away and continues to fire on your possition. A load sound is heard over head, so you look up to see the 10 BFR's from the second row flying over the walls firing at what where once safe possitions. Then as your forces begin to deal with the intruders the other BFR's march in through the gates clearing the courtyard quickly as Galaxy's deploy solders to invade the base itself. As the solders fight into the base, some of the BFR's begin to drian the NTU silo in an attempt to cause the enemy to panic to stop it or refill it. The base is won and the solders repair/rearm themselfs as Loadstars land to repair/reload the BFR's. Now for the next base.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
sounds like i good Attack plan BUT you would need at lest 50 organized people for it to work.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:51 PM   #8
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
The only successfull attack plan on an enemy base requires either larger numbers than the enemy, or better equipment with better quality of solders.

All we have to do is to find a way to mobolize the Zerg and have it move when we need it or else they would be nothing more than cannon fodder or just in the way. Thats the hard part.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #9
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
What we could do is just tell them they get cookes if they wait in the GALs whitch we are contacting and telling the pilots when to go.

they might wait for a ( )
Old 09-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #10
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
We could try and tell them that our plan would grant them more caps per hour than if they tried to attack with out it. The lure of more experience points and more captures should make most reasonable players go along.

Some of the zerg will try and attack the old fashion way no matter what because they aren't patient enough to use battle plans. That could still work to our advantage as in they can take the tower next to the base which will help bring the zerg there. And if we are attack the side away from the tower than there could be a stand off after the courtyard is cleared and the zerg flood through the doors. While they are securing the base, thats when we can repair/reload and move on to get the nextt place to cap. As one cap is completed the next one will be ready to start shortly afterwards.

Could work but it would be a real challenge, and a lot of fun, to run into an enemy zerg force that has alot of mobilized forces. There will have to be a major air support squadren for the BFR's at all times. That and the Gal's should have Skyguards in their holds, and one or two may have ANT's. The Lodestars should have atleast an AMS, a Router, and 2 Flials while the rest, if there are any more, should carry Magrider's or Aurura's. Yeah, yeah, thats a major opperation but if such an orginized force can be gathered and used correctly then the VS will be getting alot more 'NERF' posts again.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #11
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Quote:

Pierce28 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zippyzipo wrote:
How many certs are teh BFRS!!1TWO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That will change. Probably 3 for release.
Link: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...300537#M300537
Old 09-25-2004, 10:22 AM   #12
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Well we might not need the GALs. we could still help ALOT by just clearing the CY for the Zerg to foot zerg in and all we would need to do is hold them in the base till they get there. so we could march with the 2 rows of 10 like you said then have 4 of the Flight BFRs go to the nearest base and switch out 1 wepon for a NTU sucker then fly back and make the base nutrel stoping there spawn and easy Cap for the Vanu.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #13
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
I have always loved the way a well orginanized force can march in and conquer a base quickly.

Here's an idea:
5 of the Weapon BFR's can have their pilots weapons both be AA. so they can act as air protection, and the gunner can have the AI weapon. The other 5 Weapon BFR's can have their pilots weapons both be AI, and their gunners can have the AV weapon. This way the weapon BFR's can defend each other from air attacks, vehicle attacks, and those solders trying to knock out their shield gens. The 5 gunners with AI can start bombing the base before our BFR's get there, softening them up, and the AV gunners can consintrate on the vehicles there. The pilots will consintrate on either keeping the skies clear or the ground close to the BFR's clear.

As for the flight BFR's, they will either have AI and AA, AA and AV, AV and AI, or AI and NTU Siphon. Who ever has an NTU Siphon will first help the others clear the courtyard of enemy solders. Then they will start taking NTU's and using them to eliminate enemy mines and disabling enemy vehicle weapon systems with the EMP blasts. The reason I think the NTU Siphon should be with the AI is because the infintry will pose the biggest threat to our units being that our shield generators are huge, glowing green, targets on our butts. Who ever don't have NTU Siphon will check the surrounding area for enemy AMS's or other enemy units.

In a sense the weapon BFR's are divided into 2 groups, indirect/cover fire and direct fire. As stated bofore, the indirect/cover fire group will have 2 AA pilot guns and the AI gunner weapon (which is indirect fire). The direct fire group will have the AI pilot guns and the AV gunner weapon (which is direct fire). The two groups will overlap in weapon abilities when it comes to AI but they will be stronger in one way that the other one is not (i.e. the AI for the pilots can clear out the enemy troops near the feet of our BFR's while the gunner Ai can clear them out when they are a distence away). The flight BFR's are more well rounded to help provide protection and cover for the weapon BFR's.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:21 PM   #14
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
i would proble have a Flight BFR with an AI and AA (jumping up and shooting them with something that locks on them in there own territory )

I dont know if this would work but if we had a hard time moveing up a feild we could get 2 lines of flight BFRs and have the back line jump up when the front line lays cover fire then the back line linds farther up giveing cover fire for the now back line to jump up and forward.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #15
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
LOL, leap frog in a much larger sense.

I can see it now, the enemy sees a line of BFR's marching their way. They line up on the walls and begin to roll out their vehicles to pick the 'easy' prey. As the vehicles approch, the second line jumps up into the air casting a devistating blow with the front line. The new back line then jumps up and casts a blinding cover onto the walls causing many deaths and even more to jump for cover behind the wall. Now the original back row jumps up onto the wall and begins causing havoc. The other line then jumps up and over the wall completely and begins clearing out the courtyard. The back row stay up on the wall and walk around the base clearing the walls and roof of enemy forces and providing anti-air cover. the front row continues its march through the courtyard untill there is no more enemy troops to kill. Only one or two of our BFR's would have sustained any major damage due to the fact the enemy solders could not get behind the BFR to completely destroy the shield generator.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2