Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 09-25-2004, 02:04 PM   #16
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via MSN to Cass
i see a big problem with strikers and all the people hiding behind the wall shooting us with phenoxies. ( sorry bad spelling )

Crashing Cows since day 1.
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:44 AM   #17
DarkFact
PlanetSide Characters

DarkFact RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Looks neat acually. I dunno if i should pay for a few days or pull out a 20 and go flush it now.

hmmmmm....
Old 09-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #18
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
well Planetside: aftershock is comeing out so you should wait for that with that Core combat and Planetside with all the pachts up to BFRs will be on it for only $10
Old 09-29-2004, 06:29 PM   #19
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
Here is a quote from a player who has gone through the steps of getting a BFR:

Quote:
*Capture TEN Cavern Buildings. (You must participate in them, you don't have to physically hack it.)
*Achieve the Adv. BFR Award (I have this one) ^_^ (Basically it lets you have both gunner and flight variants.)
*Imprint in the Core, waiting in line, with 9 thousand other people. (I think one can only imprint at a time?)
*Recall, go to playtest, and get BFR.
Link: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/....id=9589#M9589

According to JumpJeT1, who I just quoted above, when you get the 10 core caps and get that imprint, you only get access to the BASIC BFR model. You start out with only the basic BFR, and you have to earn an Award with the BFR to gain access to the Flight or Weapon pods.

This is probably a good thing that will prevent the battle fields from being flooded with weapon BFR's right off the bat. This will also give people a chance to get use to their presence and make stratigies to fight them off since they will have less capabilities untill they earn that Award.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #20
Muzo
PlanetSide Characters

Muzo RSS Feed
WoW Characters
We can always try the back to back set up

|
/ \

Shield gens back to back to back
Plus we would have 3 shields overlapping. Saw some guy posted this same idea and I think it's pretty cool we should try it.
Muzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #21
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yea that is true with the Marching we are ALL exposed by the back for reaver to come in but that is why when you of us are weak we all surond them whiel they repair them selves.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:06 AM   #22
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Our shield generator is getting a reduction in size, by half, because it is so expossed compaired to the other two empires.

People have been bringing up a problem about being too close to friendly shields. They have been trying to share shields but end up hitting each others shields with their weapons, and gaining tons of grief. But it has been said if you can get into an enemy BFR shield then you can hit their armor directly without taking out their shields. So if we can get flight BFR's to jump up behind an enemy BFR to take out their shield gen or just cause havoc then all the better.

The Devs even said the biggest threat to the BFR's are not other vehicles but rather Infintry. The infintry can get up inside their shields, take out the gen and then blast it with AV weapons. Granted they also said other vehicles can take them out but not very quickly.

The way I see doing an attack is in a 'V' shape. The point takes the brunt of the force then moves to the middle while one of the sides takes point. Then when that one takes enough damage it moves to the middle, another side moves in while the original point moves to a side. Continue that shifting around but reverse it once in a while so the enemy can't predict which one will be out front. Once in a courtyard, the BFR's can "circle the wagons." They will split into two groups to clear the coutyard and kind of walk in circles around each other to prevent all of their backs from facing the same direction. Thats just one possible tactic, and more should be used so the enemy can never guess just how we are going to attack.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:12 AM   #23
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Quote:
Set requirements for Advanced BFR (Flight and Gunner variants) acquisition: To qualify for the Advanced BFR award, you will need to kill 100 enemies with a BFR pilot weapon (these do not have to be completed in one life). To complete the award, you must then kill 20 enemies in one life.
Link: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...sage.id=21#M21

There is even more information on BFR changes done on the test server but I thought this would be important enough to post here.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:21 AM   #24
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
So BFRs are on Test.

Anyone want to come on and test them out.?

My brother was downthere last night and aparently you only get the base hack to count towards the 10 if you get at lest 900 BEP for the base (needs lots of Nmes there).

And then you atune the same way as you charge a module.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:37 AM   #25
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
Hi all,

Me and RocketMaz have a BFR now. Almost a Adv. BFR. Base captures arent a problem because we allied with the Terran's on the testserver (atleast in the caves) so we capture bases then they hack it back then we hack it again etc etc. The BFR really rocks.. and i'm not so easy 2 impress. All the weapons you can get really kick ass ASK ME ANYTHING
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 PM   #26
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
are the TR still alied with the VS on test in caves today?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:26 PM   #27
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Tell us anything you can Rocket .

Hope you can drive one of these better than a gal Cass .

I just had to say something .
Old 09-30-2004, 06:12 PM   #28
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Dotn worrie i am going to practise with it AND a Gal in sance one day this weekend
Old 10-01-2004, 12:21 AM   #29
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
Don't know how things are in the caves today. But you can always get a cease fire mode, if you ask for it. The BFR kickes ass but the real purpose of the BFR cant be found on the testserver. because on the testserver, you only see other BFR's, and well the VS BFR's are more made for enemy tanks and infantry. So If you are a VS BFR and you see a BFR from other Empires you sure lose as a rookie. And it's hard 2 get adv. BFR merrit on the testserver because every soldier has a BFR now :s and killing BFR's isnt so easy.

The nice thing is that you got a screen for damage reports. You get messages like: Warning, Left weapon damaged 25% decrease accuracy or Torso Hit, Item package loss. that sort of thing. If the BFR's dont kill you, the spamming of the BFR warnings will

SHIELD FAILURE, SHIELDS OFFLINE
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:44 PM   #30
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Thats cool thanks for telling us. Keep the info comin .
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2