Notices

Old 10-01-2004, 06:00 PM   #31
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
Can you bring some pics? Please!

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:28 AM   #32
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
Ok some screenshots below, but pictures dont really say anything. feeling the ground shake when a BFR runs past you. Hear the massive guns of the BFRs fireing. that is one thing a screenshot cant capture. The tesesrver is online 24/7 COME AND VISIT! bfr'S everywere. Dev's even join empires and helps the empire with stuff.. it's really nice

Later!
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #33
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
At least ours does not look in any way or form like the other two, which lends it self to out Vanu-tech. What does get me is the fact that ours looks like a hunchback. But then again they may have intended it to look like a person with a backpack on.

What does it look like getting in and out of the BFR's (both driver and gunner position)? What do the different gunner weapons look like on the BFR? What do the wings look like when you are flying? How does the BFR get on board the Loadstar (the devs said that BFR's will be able to ride on them)? Is it possible to destroy a BFR trunk (I ask this because people on the PSforum claim they have recieved a message saying so)?

Thanks for the pics, and hoping for more.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #34
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
I wont talk about other empires BFR's (but i have driven in them) To get in a bfr the part where you can see our logo on will be opend like a door then the soldier jumps in and makes sort of a salto in the bfr..

The guns:

Starfire (god i love them)
Pulser (default guns, i use them alot)
Laser (starwars sounds, great against inf and max)
Drain NTU thingy ( do i need 3 say more)
Armor drain thing ( drains everything, turrets, deployables. etc etc

You can damage certain parts of a BFR yes.. for example. A soldier witch get under a BFR is like a god and can kill a BFR when he's smart enough. He can shoot against your trunk and destroy objects inside. when other bfr's shoot you you can get increase of COF, or shield regen., or reload time.. like Warning Reload Time reduced by 10% (that shit)

A BFR can mound a lodestar yes, it just stands inside when facing 2 the leftside of the loadstar

I hope my english is good enough 2 read
Old 10-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #35
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
/me pulls out English to English translation book

Na, just kidding, not that bad.

Sounds like there are more uses for the Armorsyphon than I had originally thought. The way it was described was that it could only take armor from other vehicles. But if it can really take armor from spitfires and turrets as well then I can see it actually being used.

According to one of the pics you posted, the NTU syphon can hold up to 300 NTUs and each time it uses its EMP blast it only uses 50 NTUs. That kind of make it seem over powered in that department. For one full tank of NTU's, you can fire 6 EMP blasts. I could under stand it being like that if it takes a long time to drian the NTU's. How long does it take to get a full load of NTU's from the enemy silo?

I have been hearing about the lack of range on the Laser. Have you experienced any problems with the range yourself?

What does it look like when there are BFR's raining from the sky above or the view from above as thay rain down?
Is it possible to disable a BFRs weapons (as no longer funtional) and/or its ability to move?
How long does it take to repair a BFR with the glue-gun?
What are the effects of EMP blasts to the BFR (i.e. do they disable the shield, weapons, radar, slow down movement, ect)?

And for the artist: Can someone make Smiley BFR's? Have ours look awsome and the other two fall apart for example.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:26 PM   #36
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via MSN to Cass
Well i just got one so ill try and anwser some of those

The rang on the laser is not bad considering it takes 1 secound or less to kill agile

i havent seen any fligh BFRs but i ran the gunatlet so its scary seeing like 30 BFRs from all empires in a cease fire with each other but not people trying to get to the core complex.

Crashing Cows since day 1.
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #37
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Weird they look huge in the caverns but not so big on the continents.

Thx for the pics Rocket
Old 10-03-2004, 03:02 AM   #38
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
The range of the laser is terrible. but as cass said, it can kill a soldier very quick and it's also pretty good agiast maxes.

The time for a BFR 2 drain the silo.. i have no idea. I always do it with 2, then it takes a minute or so

The repair time is very fast.. maybe even faster then repairing a magrider.. The Body of a BFR is very weak, but the shields. those things are your real defense.

EMP blasts, jammers, etc they give you system errors, it's diffrent all the time, Weapon reload time increased by 30% or a increased COF.

And i've seen alot of damage reports in my times with the BFR. But i honestly never look at them. I dont care about % that and % this. I only care about destroying the other BFR's So I really dont know if my left arm is disabled. But i had a legs error once and i coudent get in runmode.

If you see BFR's coming from the sky it's either GO THE HELL INSIDE or DIE STUPID BFR. The smart thing is going inside :P

Something good.. Ever jacked a vanguard and found out that his amma is almost empty and you cant refill. NOT ANYMORE When you jack a enemy BFR you can reload his ammo at a rearm terminal, and even change weapons (you can only get NC weapons at that terminal then) So even jacked BFR's last forever
Old 10-03-2004, 08:58 AM   #39
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
I am loving the sound of the BFR's more and more. It's making me wish I had the money and time to pley PlanetSide again! But school comes first and since I only have a year and a half left on my first degree, thats what i am spending most of my time on.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:33 PM   #40
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
i have foubnd that the fastest way to kill a BFR (BFR on BFR) is the armour siphone it go's through the sheald. but you have to be like right beside them.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:37 PM   #41
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
OMG The jacking thing is sounds sooooo gooooddd!!!!!

Finally be able to keep a jacked vehicle, BFR in this case, and not worry about having to ditch it after that ammo is gone .
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #42
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
lol yea ill get some screens as soon as i can i found it is hard to fight with BFRs because everyone has one on test it is like mech warrior.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:06 PM   #43
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Ya I been hearing that alot from alot of people. Be interesting to see them work in a real situation instead of messing around with them all the time.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:59 AM   #44
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
The fastest and the best way to destroy a BFR is to get under it and shoot at it's shield generator. That is his weak spot. I killed several BFR's with that trick. I even killed one with a beamer.

The armor Siphon thingy is very weak. Because you have 2 go very close to the enemy, and that is where he killes you and kickes your ass. Armor Siphon is only good if you have the flight variant, then you can surprise the enemy by coming from the sky.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 PM   #45
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
They are making some adjustments to the BFR's. For example each variant will have slightly different abilities such as the Flight is more mobile and nimble while the Gun is slower and more armor, faster recharge for shields.

Link to the changes: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...sage.id=24#M24

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2