Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 06-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #1
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SlayerZero
Anyone seen the Design info for the new Bomber?

I jsut got a chance to look over the stuff on PLanetSide.com about the bomber in the works....am I the only sniper scared shitless about this thing?

It would be a snipers worst nightmare, we sit on a hill way out and spend alot of time zoomed in on a base and only really look around if we need to at times. Then a bomber comes over a hill to hit a base and sees us jsut sitting there not moving. Now a rever is bad enough but we can at least have a chance of mving away, this thing will have god only knows how powerfull of bombs and POOF!!! no more sniper.

It will effect others big time too but most other players move alot more then we do and then it has to carpet bomb to catch alot of people. This jsut makes the sniper rifle need to be able to hurt aircraft like it should even more. We should be able to hit those things and have them know they have been kissed instead of tickled.

Please let me know what you all think, the base Idea is great but really skews the balance of weapons.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:53 PM   #2
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
I don't think it skews the weapons, as makes you readjust. Time to find some cover like a real sniper, and truly become one with your environment. And snipe Rifles shouldn't hurt anything but maybe the drivers of Basillisks and Wraiths. The armor is too good and strong to be hurt by a relatively small projectile like a bolt driver round, as opposed to a Rocket from a reaver, or the 75mm Cannon of the Sunderer...
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
Plus believe me.. those bombers will become just as much targets as the galaxy already is. And more than likely less armor than a gal to boot.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
The thing is that a bolt driver round is roughly a 50cal round, adn THAT sure goes through armor. The sad thing is that it doesnt even do much damage to a basillisk or a max and even though you an put alot of armor on them but its nothing compaired to the larger Vehicals.

As for finding cover, trust me, I know all about that. Most of my kills are from snipeing and there jsut isnt that much cover in alot of places. LOL and when your the only purpal thing on the side of a green mountain with grey rocks cover dont mean a thing.
SlayerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #5
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu
What they should do is come out with a cloaking implant that only works if you are perfectly still (or even prevents movement while activated) that anyone in any armor can use. Snipers could really use something like this since neon purple, bright blue and yellow, and red and black aren't exactly condusive to camoflauge.

To offset the implant, the "implantee" would still show up on proximity radar and for commanders who are high enough in CR to track enemy movement.

That would rock!
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:04 PM   #6
insaneferret
PlanetSide Characters

insaneferret RSS Feed
that looks pretty big it will probably only be available at dropship centers
Old 06-03-2003, 07:37 PM   #7
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
It looks big but it looks like shit. The design sucks. It looks way too much like the current aircraft in the game. They should have made it look completely different.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #8
Joe Shmoe

Joe Shmoe RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Joe Shmoe
Oh yes of course - the last thing we need in a hetergeneous THEME to the aircraft. NOT!

Proud member of the <a href='http://www.ryanaaron.com/dtm'>DTM</a>
Joe Shmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
That tailgun looks MASSIVE
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #10
PsychomanX

PsychomanX RSS Feed
yeah.. more like T2 lol

Snipers should have gilly suits..
PsychomanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:30 AM   #11
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
The back gun looks big gut read the sizes for them LOL, the front is a 20mm chain gun (lots or rounds in small time) and the back is a 30mm cannon (bigger rounds but much slower to fire) you would kind of think the rear would be a little bigger if it was a cannon, I mean the front could do more damage due to the faster firing rate.

After thinking about the set up its going to suck to have a bombider, that should be the pilot too because how the hell is another guy going to get the pilot lined up jsut right over what he sees for the drop? that will be messey
Old 06-06-2003, 07:46 AM   #12
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
The Galaxy and this thing need like HYPER FIRE guns to kill off reavers and mosquitos, I mean WTF is AA cannons for if they fire slow.

Same thing I hated about tribes2, as tailgunner you were basically up there to look good cause there was really no way to actuall defend the vehicle from shrike attacks. Well, you could get a lucky missile lock but it didn't blow up on one, or you could chaingun only to have the shrike kill the havoc seconds before it blew up, or you could MA the thing but oh well, basically useless.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:20 AM   #13
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
I agree,a dn I jsut looked over what they said about the weapons again and I was wrong..its even more screwed up then I said. The Bomber has a 35mm Chain gun up front and a 20mm cannon in back....now tell me how a gun that is 15 mm smaller in barrel diamiter concidered a cannon next to the bigger chain gun?

Then there is the new AA car, Flac cannon sounds cool but the wussy 12mm Anti-Personel gun sounds about as impresive as a fart in a tornado. I know which one Im useing against ground targets.."suck flac evil doers!"
Old 06-06-2003, 12:16 PM   #14
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Lawnmower still rules for fast enemy take down.

Wish we had tank crew in action last night as anyone that was at the base battle between NC and VS was haing so much fun, they just kept coming and coming. They wanted that base we ran out of NTUs in the base from SPAWNING so much. OMFG.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:36 PM   #15
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Now that would be perfect for carpet bombing...lol A nice line of explosions from horizon to horizon.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2