Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 02-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
Laughing Man

Laughing Man RSS Feed
Post For people who are Loyal only to the Terran Republic

Greetings loyal Terran's, I am Laughing Man, Please post here anything New or Old of the Terran Republic. We may discuss what you post, please make everything you say appropriate and clean. You are allowed to discuss anything. I only want Terran Republic soldiers posting though, no NC or VS, personally I do not agree with them, I have always been loyal to the Republic, ever since the first day it came out, I have read all about the Republic and the other empires, but the Republic is the utmost best empire that I have ever played on. So please post anything on here, as long as you are a "Loyal Terran".
Old 02-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: For people who are Loyal only to the Terran Republic

VS FOREVER DOWN WITH THE TR!!! You can never tell a VS to not post against a TR! w00t!

(You had it coming posting on a VS board )
Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
Laughing Man

Laughing Man RSS Feed

Why do you think the VS is so great. I mean when I look at the different empires i see for example; the VS have alien tech, the NC have firepower, and the TR have tactical weaponry. in every game that i have ever played i have chose tactics over power or alien tech, if you can take a weapon with medium firepower against a higher power, there is always that chalange of deafeating the higher power. Personally i love that chalange, that's why i go for tactics, and the VS and NC don't really have that.

(I thought what i'd do was, i'd pretend i was one of those deaf-mutes)

Last edited by Laughing Man; 02-04-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Well, to really explain it you have to dig down to PS’s core mechanics.

The NC are not so much about firepower, they’re about specialization. The Jackhammer is great close-range, and not so great at range. The Gauss is great at medium to long range, but the small clip makes it the inferior weapon compared to the Cycler or Pulsar for close quarters where a reload will mean death. The NC mode of combat is that each branch does what it does to cover for the next branch to go in and do what it does. The vehicles are excellent at taking out other vehicles to clear the way for medium range infantry, which in turn are great for suppressing the enemy until close-range units can come to grips with the enemy.

On the other side, the Terran Republic are about concentrated firepower. It’s not so much that the weapons are good as much as it is that they work together well. Think about the MCG, the Cycler and the DC MAX. All of them employ similar modes of operation, and all can be combined against a single target without too much undue stress on any of the three weapons. Contrast this to the NC method, where a Jackhammer user will likely block the field of view of a Gauss user, and their AI MAX too will interfere with attempts of different branches to combine their firepower. So while the NC weapons are harder-hitting than their TR equivalent, they don’t scale as well in a multi-ranged engagement, which is why you want to keep the NC at arm’s length to force just such an engagement. A perfect example of the TR mindset is their Deliverer variant: when the four guns focus on different targets, they’re largely worthless. When the guns combine it’s a very lethal death machine, almost regardless of target.

The VS bridge these two styles. They combine better than the NC weapons do, with the lasher being a weapon that does not obligate the user to get in close and block pulsar users, but their weapons do not concentrate to the same level of effectiveness that the TR do as that same lasher requires an entirely different skillset than the Pulsar does. As such, the VS really need to master both styles of fighting; they have to specialize against the TR and break up their ability to concentrate firepower, but against the NC, they have to work more like the TR and focus their energy on fighting in a massed firepower style.

So you can see, while the TR certainly require team tactics, the VS actually require more as they need not only change their tactics, but sometimes their entire fighting style. Combined with their more temperamental weaponry, this would be a faction that needs a more advanced player to be truly effective, as you have to master every fighting style PS has on offer.

VS Markov always suffered from incredibly inept leadership, but VS Emerald was at PS's height the clear winner in any competition between the empires.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2