Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
Amythaon

Amythaon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
This one time... in BOOT CAMP...

That's right.. I KNOW I'm not the only vet out there, so lets get some funny stories started up with tales from Boot Camp (in the field or other interesting/funny/disgusting ones we can come up with). We'll start with our own stories, and if we feel like including others, we'll tell stories passed down to us from previous generations. So lets keep it personal and lets keep it active!

At the end of this, we'll compile a list of the different stories and have a poll on whose is the funniest, most disgusting, etc etc etc.

Last edited by Amythaon; 09-26-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Amythaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
Amythaon

Amythaon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: This one time... in BOOT CAMP...

Seeing as I'm the one who started the pole I'll go ahead and throw in the first one.

I did my basic training in Ft. Jackson SC. Just imagine being stuck in one room with 60+ women for over two months. It is Hell on Earth, and to make matters worse, we all had our periods at the same damn time. We had three fans that these idiots used to fight over... I mean like knock down drag out fights over... (get this) how many ****ing fans were going to be running in any given night. How the hell these stupid females had the energy to be beating the hell out of each other and dragging each other around the bay by their hair is beyond me... I remember sitting in my bed with flashbacks to Full Metal Jacket thinking to myself "if only" and trying to ignore them to get some much needed sleep before we woke up in a few hours to do more.

The AA saying is "take one day at a time" but I promise you in boot camp that is just too complex for your mind to handle so you break it down to one meal at a time. The DI or Drill Sergeant or whatever you want to call them says the word "chow" and you are all like "OMG I"M HUNGRY!!"

Anyway there is a short snippet, just what came to the top of my head this moment so lets see what else we get going in there!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Amythaon

Amythaon RSS Feed
WoW Characters

awwww you guys are no fun. Alright, lets open it to the general public I guess... see what crazy stories we can get in here about what you heard from anyone you have ever known in the military.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

My dad was the commander of various camera crews in the Chair Force (Go Air Force! Bomb Army! Sink Navy! <-- actual uniform name tags my dad had), so these are all second-hand stories.

I'm sure you've all seen footage of Marines heroically charging ashore in combat and thought "Wow...it's really cool that the Marines are always the first ones in!"

Well, that's not entirely true see...because in order to FILM the Marines charging ashore...what had to happen first?

Yeah...this was a lesson driven home to my father as they were flying to some Central American country to record some US operations against...I think an attempted coup or something...dunno, it was the 70s. Anyway, as they're approaching the airport, the pilot turns around and casually mentions "Oh, we have no idea who controls the LZ (Landing Zone )...so this might be hot"

Wonderful news when the limit of your armament is a pistol and a camera. Obviously, it wasn't TOO hot as he lived to tell the tale, but still, amusing.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum