Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
0ri0n

0ri0n RSS Feed
Wink Checking In

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know where I dissapeared too. I switched occupations and now am doing offshore oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. Working on a Drill Ship as an Electronic Technician. I was getting going crazy at my last job and couldnt take it any more. I work two weeks, than am home for two weeks. Ive lost like 50 pounds and am a much happier man because of it. Unfortunately when I am home Ive got a honey to do list a mile long. With winter approaching I hope to get some gaming in and might be able to join you folks for the new release. Just wanted to say Hi and I miss all of you. I head back out on Thursday. I'll try to check back in before I leave.

Your Friend

Orion
0ri0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: Checking In

Orion! We miss you!

Glad to hear things are going awesome for you and sounds like your really enjoying your new job. How is the family doing? All those kids runnin around .

Keep in touch and glad to hear from a long time friend again . Now get back to oil riggin! Anything like that show Black Gold but out in the sea?

Last edited by Ghryphen; 09-16-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 AM   #4
0ri0n

0ri0n RSS Feed
Re: Checking In

Well its not quite like Black Gold but it does have some similarities. Im a ship that has about a 150 people on it. We are about a 150 miles south of Louisanna, get to the ship by Helicopter. The water depth is about 7,000 feet deep. We use GPS and six thrusters to keep us in position. The drilling operation is done mostly with robots. They handle the pipe and even screw the pipe together. So far we have drilled 18000 feet below the ocean bottom to make a drill string of about 25000 feet. I am doing electronic technician work, I do work on the robots, safety systems, engine room, radar, gps, and communication. We have satellite TV , internet (but they block a lot of stuff including WoW), they do my laundry, and give us a meal every 6 hours if your up. So far its good. I was going crazy not doing anything in my last job I was going crazy. Well I will check back, I will be back around Oct 5. Supposed to go to Houston for training on Oct 8 but it might be cancelled because of the damage from the Hurricane. Talk to you later.

Orion
0ri0n is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum