Notices

Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #1
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
PlanetSide Changes Coming

As you may have heard, some big changes are coming to PlanetSide. Here is a quick rundown:

Large mechs are being added to Core Combat called Battle Frame Robots. You can find screenshots here and a magazine article here Page 1 and Page 2. Also notice in the article is says "PlanetSide is about to undergo something of a mini-relaunch, with the expansion pack being bundled with the main game at retail and long-term subscribers receiving a reduction in fees".

Currently there are meteors striking the planet of Auraxis they actually kill people and destroy equipment if they strike them. Here are some screenshots. These meteors are causing earthquakes which are loud and rumbling and cause your screen to shake violently.

The earthquakes and meteors are going to cause Auraxis to change it's shape. I am still unsure how the story will work out, but the result will be that each continent is on a different planet. Ohur is going to be destroyed and in it's place will be 3 battle islands. These islands are very small so that some feverishly tight fast battles can take place. You can read more about them here. There is also speculation that the Orbital Platforms could make their way into this story.

And for those really out of the loop:
More vehicles have already been added to the game. These are vehicles that use the same models as some previous vehicles but with new armorments. These are in suppliment to the existing vehicles models, not replacements. You can read more about them here.

Also PlanetSide and Core Combat have had large balance passes.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 06-20-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
Hey Gryph, might want to post some information up on the TKB boards. I know you know a lot more whats going on here than I do, but even with my limited amount of knowledge it seems like they may finally be on track with Planetside to add some exciting new things.
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Ya baby!
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I have to wonder how much of a reduction in fees? If they drop it to about $6 then I would sign up even if I don't get to play but once or twice a week for an hour.
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #6
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I don't think they would drop it THAT low . Probably just a few bucks.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:54 PM   #7
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
If it is dropped in the $8 to $9 area then I would have to think real hard about it, $10 would be pushing it. But if it they dropped it to $6 then its pretty much a no brainer about paying for it.
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:43 AM   #8
Metalloid

Metalloid RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Metalloid
Quote:
Originally posted by TimberWolf
If it is dropped in the $8 to $9 area then I would have to think real hard about it, $10 would be pushing it. But if it they dropped it to $6 then its pretty much a no brainer about paying for it.
SOE charges 6.95/mo for 2D game called Infantry that used to be free. I have a feeling that PS won't drop below 9.95/mo

Edit: However, these changes do peak my interest. I've been out of the loop with this game for quite some time.

Can anyone tell me if the extreme server lag has been addressed? I remember the first month, always in search of that perfect battle. Large battles were always full of broken doors, weapons that wouldn't reload, and laggy spawn trucks (AMS's?).

Last edited by Metalloid; 08-30-2004 at 04:48 AM.
Metalloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Oh ya no bad lag anymore they fixed that. It runs alot better. Well for me it has and always has but have heard that it has gotten better. They did mess it up 2 patches ago but now I hardly notice it. Much much better than from the start .
Old 08-31-2004, 12:50 AM   #10
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via MSN to Cass
Yes the lag has goting ALOT better i now get a minimum of 0.2 just before a Crash. but realy a low for me in a fight now is 18 insteed of 5 .
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News