Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Paid character customization on the horizon

Filed under: Odds and ends, News items, Expansions, BlizzCon, Wrath of the Lich King

I was one of those people who got really excited about the idea of changeable hairstyles way back when they were first announced. Ever since then I've been daydreaming about how I would get to modify my character's appearance, albeit in a limited way: Blizzard seemed to think that faces and skin colors should be unchangeable -- otherwise the Barber Shop would feel too much like a Plastic Surgeon.

But now, it looks like one day there will be nothing we can't change about our characters except their race and class (and gender). In a small BlizzCon '08 press conference about WoW and Diablo 3, Production Director J. Allen Brack (whom we interviewed recently), mentioned that one day even the skin and face of your characters would be customizable through some sort of paid change, akin to changing your character's name, perhaps. They haven't worked out any details yet, but it certainly does look promising.

I have no idea why they'd charge real money for it, or how much it would cost, but as long as it's not too expensive (around $5 dollars maybe?) I think it's something I'd go for. I'd like to change my draenei hunter's skin color and facial expression, even though what I have now is already nice enough. Sometimes it's just nice to have a change every now and then. What about you? Is it the sort of thing you'd pay real money for? How much would be too much?

[via G4TV, and reader Anthony with the tip]

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News