Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 09-29-2005, 02:47 AM   #1
Garich

Garich RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Un-Confirmed 1.8 Test notes.

Unsure if these are real or not as I have not downloaded the test patch yet however, with the lack of priest inprovments these seem real.

I could still be wrong though.

http://www.whataboutpp.com/
Old 09-29-2005, 03:34 AM   #2
Garich

Garich RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Notes confirmed

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html
Garich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
Cptmorgan

Cptmorgan RSS Feed
WoW Characters
OMG DS leather workers getting more patterns!!! WOOT i was so incredibly close to dropping it last night too. Check it out:

Professions
# There is now Silithid armor that can be made by leatherworkers. The recipes require Cenarion Circle faction to learn.
# Additional Tailoring and Blacksmithing recipes can be found in encoded messages found on the members of the Twilight's Hammer in Silithus.
# Two additional pieces of Dragonscale Leatherworking were added to the Dragonscale Leatherworking Trainer.
# A Dragonscale Recipe has been added that requires killing the great Green Dragons.
# The Blue, Green, and Black Dragonscale Leatherworking Armor pieces are now parts of sets and have set bonuses so they should be significantly more desirable.
# Green Dragonscale Armor has slightly reduced spirit and now has a stamina component.
# Ironfeather Armor set bonus has been improved.
# Leatherworking item Murloc Scale Belt improved.
# Leatherworking pattern for Black Whelp Tunic added to vendor in Redridge Mountains.
# All Wild Leather patterns for Leatherworking are now bind on acquire.
# All Wild Leather patterns for Leatherworking no longer have cash value with vendors.
# Enchanter-made wands are now Good (green) quality and have had their damage increased.
# The minimum level for the Artisan First Aid, Artisan Fishing, and Artisan Cooking quest lines has been lowered to 35.
# Water Breathing potions will no longer be overwritten by Shaman and Warlock Water Breathing spells if the potion has a longer duration.
# The Pet Healing effect of the Robe of the Void has been improved.
# Expert Alchemy requires 125 skill now instead of 100 skill.
# Free Action Potion text changed to clearly indicate that the potion is not retroactive. No actual change was made other than the text.
# Gnomish Mind Control Cap - Is now subject to diminishing returns in the Charm category.
# Blindweed has been increased in size, making it easier to see.
Cptmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
DarkFact
PlanetSide Characters

DarkFact RSS Feed
WoW Characters
For the black drangonscale, the set bonus for 2 is 1% to hit and for 3 it's 2% crit. No idea what 4 is.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #6
Cptmorgan

Cptmorgan RSS Feed
WoW Characters
YA know what...i read up on the new stats on the profession's forum and their for fking shammys. Hunters only got a set bonus for Black Dragonscale...so gay.

So now shammies have 2 DSLW sets and hunter still 1...not to mention the other types of LWing.
Cptmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:54 AM   #7
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Popular (and completely unconfirmed) rumor has it that when they add the Caverns of Time instance in Tanaris that they will add the Bronze Dragonflight and give hunters +Agility items as Bronze Dragons in WoW lore are noted for their agility.

There is no word on when such a thing would be coming, though the instance part is clearly planned by the existence of an instance portal at the caverns of time past the three REALLY big dragons.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke
I have noticed "instance portals" in a lot of places where they are not being used.

There is one in Stormwind and there is one in that ghost town in Deadwind Pass. There are a few more I remember seeing but cant remember exactly where.....
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:29 AM   #9
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
There are a few portals not used too, like in Duskwood.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:53 PM   #10
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Those portals have something to do with the Green Dragonflight I'm fairly sure, seeing as how the ones in Feralas and the Hinterlands are both guarded by them.

The one in Stormwind I don't know of any plans for, but the one in Deadwind Pass is likely linked to Karazhan. Whether there are plans for an instance there or not is unknown, but for the lore fanatics out there it is the tower where Medivh lived. Given the lore surrounding the area, I'd be willing to bet it's an elaboration on the events surrounding the Dark Riders and the massacare of that fellow's family.

I've found http://www.wowguru.com/previews to be quite enlightening on such matters.

EDIT: If you peruse the site carefully, you'll notice that it's possible there are events in that tower and in the necropolis over Stratholme related to the opening of the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands and moving to the Outland (the remains of the planet where one of the earlier Warcraft games took place, as I recall). While it all seems like crackpot theories, he had information about Silithus up prior to 1.6, and now we hear that yes...Silithus will not only have a 40 man raid instance, but a 20 man as well. Between that and Blizzard's announcement of an expansion, well...I can't see it's without merit.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 09-30-2005 at 01:00 PM.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft