Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 01-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Hrmm wonder if we will be allowed to move?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...61816229&sid=1

Wonder if our realm will be on that list? If it is are we moving? I myself wouldn't mind a PVE server, just for the fact that it would be more relaxing. I might miss the constant wonder whether or not I am going to get attacked, but I know I will most likely just get frustrated at getting pyroblasted by a mage for 4k damage while I am fighting a mob in BC.

I mean if you want to pvp you can go to BG's now there is not a real reason to be on a pvp server unless you like killing horde for mob camps or just to grief. Which I admit can be fun if you are the one griefing but its usually not the case.

Just my two copper.
Danerune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: Hrmm wonder if we will be allowed to move?

I don't plan on moving unless it is completely unbearable. Not to mention even an organized ATF transfer is going to splinter a roster that is already teetering on the edge of not having enough people.

I probably wouldn't mind if I knew that ATF as it is today would be that way on the new server along with the alliances we have made and such. Though I kind of view PvE servers and kind of easy mode. The BG's after a short time will be stale and always the same, world gankage at least has some unique battles. All my AV battles have kind of blended together with nothing memorable, but I can still pick out some unique world PvP memories.

I'd like to see queues adjusted so that they favor those who have been on the server longer to discourage transfers and new accounts on populated servers.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 01-03-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Banne
Cake Fairy

Banne RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Banne Send a message via MSN to Banne

Well said Gryph, well said.
Banne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters

I get where you are coming from but the majority of it is going to be gank squads of over geared 60's destroying our groups in my opinion. Forget leveling on any server in a non instanced zone after the xpac is released at least for a month or so. Not only will the zone be crowded it will also be deadly pvp wise. I am just thinking that it is going to be brutal Alliance and Horde mixing in one or two zones for a whole month.

We do have some people in the guild that do not like to PVP (Fate being one) who will get very frustrated when we get rolled a few times by a group of tier 3 horde who want our lvling spot or just the free honor. I for one would rather not put up with the frustration, I am sure others will feel the same way or just not care about the gankings and want to stay on the server so they can dish it out. At least this is a good place to talk about this stuff.

Last edited by Danerune; 01-03-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Banne
Cake Fairy

Banne RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Banne Send a message via MSN to Banne

I think most the good horde guilds will not want Allies dead. They will want to grind as fast as possible and not bother with us lowely ****ers...hehe, plus, I think most of our leveling will be efforts combined in instances and stuff, and group world killing. If we get groups of 5 and go up a few level areas where no one is, we will level just as fast, while being a group, and also getting better gears :P

Its gonna be funny when people start hitting level 65 to see all those hardcore raiders full of green and blue equipment, hehe.
Banne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

I played under the PvE ruleset for a while, and I can tell you that while it's nice to be able to sit down and say "Hmmm...I think I'll go here tonight and do X" and actually be able to do it, it's also dreadfully boring after the novelty wears off.

You have to remember that the Mal'Ganis of old doesn't exist anymore. There's technically more Alliance farming Kel'Thuzad than there are Horde, and the populations are just about even at the moment as opposed to 1.6:1 when most of us were leveling up. Are there still high gank areas? Yes, but even their numbers have dropped dramatically. For every Horde group that will be out there, there's an excellent chance that there will be an Alliance group doing the exact same thing and more and more when someone says "Help, X is ganking me"...people actually respond, a far cry from the way things were. As Banne said, once we're in the mid-60s going from appearances, the playing field on gear will even level out.

As Gryph said, BGs grow very stale, very fast. I have one memory that really stands out in my PvP grind in AV and that was fighting someone from Mal'Ganis. One stand-out memory in 70-80 games...that's a pretty low rate. In contrast, I have many memories of world PvP occasions such as using CB for bait in Feralas and stun-locking an Orc rogue there (back when EJ was the hottest guild on the server), watching Skywarp rape a Tier 2 Mage and 2 level 51s at the same time wearing a level 50 chest piece, watching ATF utterly destroy a 5 man Horde group in a fair fight, Stoke making that one UD mage watch as we trashed his Jintha'Alor group, killing Ganadar at Thorium Point (with help), 3-shotting a 60 rogue on Linny while helping a level 30-ish Stike and smashing Blackdomina at Marshal's Refuge (largely by myself). The list goes on and on and on for World PvP.

Is it frustrating to hit the gank squads? Yes. At the same time, I think that frustration is what makes the direct payback on Mal'Ganis Horde so much more worthwhile. We genuinely dislike them because they're assholes and deserve to get the crap knocked out of them. Random Undead Rogue from Server Y #8439743 just doesn't feel as good as smashing Tommyd or Rubberducky or Nissassa, ya know?

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters

At the very least, just don't just don't jump ship the day transfers open up or they day you get ganked over and over. Wait for everyone else to do it and give Mal'Ganis a chance to change from that and if you still aren't happy after the Mal'Ganis exodus has stabilized, then decide. I am sure there is a large list of people who will disappear the moment transfers are available and that could change Mal'Ganis quite a bit without you having to do anything.

I watch my back, drag mobs behind hills, leveled a druid and a rogue, and/or escape to quest somewhere else if ganked; maybe I lucked out, but I have never been camped too much, if I did it was because I stuck around for the punishment.

We will just have to see when the time comes what the server and the gankage is really like.

Last edited by Ghryphen; 01-03-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
Skillet
PlanetSide Characters

Skillet RSS Feed
WoW Characters

I'll throw my experiences in. While leveling Cyclonus I got so mad at the gankage I literally quit Mal'Ganis for a month or two. I leveled a Tauren Warrior on Uldum (PvE) with KWood. And as stated, it rocked for being able to actually do things and level at an incredible rate, not to mention KWood's help

BUT...

It got boring. I have a 60 warrior on a PvE server that never gets played cause it wasn't any fun after hitting 60.
I'm sticking it out unless the group as a whole decides to go. My preference is PvP tho.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

As a news update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseric
Beginning at 12 PM, Thursday, January 4 we will be opening Free Character Moves for a number of realms. The destination realms will be newly opened with character creation disabled for the period of free transfers. These transfers will run until 11PM, Tuesday, January 9.

Destination: Nazjatar - PVP, Pacific

* Daggerspine
* Illidan
* Destromath
* Spinebreaker
* Mal'Ganis
Given the choice between PvP server and PvP server, I'd rather stick with the jerk-offs, ninjas and idiots I know than having figure out who's in FqF on Nazjatar...but that's just me.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #10
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Im with evryone else stick it out and see what happens. It will probably be like the beginning when WoW came out everyone tortures everyone but then it slows down. If you are getting that ganked its time to take a break from the game or call in for back up we all know the rogue squad will come out to help . I think it would get boring after a while if the only ganking I could do was in BG's. Like Gryphon said yes its fun doing BG's but I can remember more fun kills out in the world.

I'd like us to stick it out on MG I mean we have stuck it out thru all the other crap on that server why stop now. And all the friends and connections we have made with non guild members. I don't think its going to be any different than when the game came out the first time its going to be busy and all but it will calm down like it always has and we will gank til we can't gank no more! Maybe Skillet can get more horde to put us on the list to KOS again .

Last edited by Stang; 01-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #11
RagingSamster

RagingSamster RSS Feed

If folks will leave MG, then by all means lets stay here... queue times should go down, and most all of the regulars will stay here. If we do decide to move please tell me! I don't want to log in one day and find everyone gone =|
RagingSamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed

Put em' on notice.
http://www.shipbrook.com/onnotice/
Old 01-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Well looks like we will be able to move to an RPPVP server, so it would not be that bad if we all decide to move because of que's.

It will probably be best to stay,but we need to make a choice soon. Because I know one thing... When TBC comes out alot of people will be reactivating accounts, which means we might still have our 20 minute que's, and have lost our chance to get off the server.

Last edited by Danerune; 01-04-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat

I wondoer how many will make the move within 5 days? We should see a significant improvement in the first 2 or 3 and still have time to decide if we move or not. I like MG, and I think we should stay there, but the Queue times really do suck.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke

Mal'Ganis was once uncrowded server without wait times. Then they let people come here.

If you go to another server, where is the assurance that Blizzard won't let it happen again? Can't take 'em at their word, thats for sure....
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft