Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Breakfast Topic: Is the thrill finally gone?

This Breakfast Topic has been brought to you by Seed, the AOL guest writer program that brings your words to WoW Insider's pages.

When I first set foot on the hallowed grounds of Northshire Abbey in Elwynn Forest, I never wanted to leave Azeroth. If I had to attend to any biological functions, I'd get to the safety of Stormwind and just hang out there while I made food, ate, went to the bathroom, maybe even dozed off for a minute or two in my chair. That may not have been healthy behavior, but the point is, I was so captivated by the world my avatar was in I really didn't want to leave.

Years pass, alts come and go, raids wipe, loots are rolled upon, and things change. Now, despite unsubscribing a few times, I can't seem to get WoW completely out of my system. I still play -- a lot, by non-gamer standards, I'm sure. But now, after an hour or so, I have to do something else. I log out to play a different game, or watch an episode or two of a TV series that I've never seen despite the fact that it's been off the air for years now (The Larry Sanders Show, at the moment). Sometimes, sometimes I even leave my apartment. The magic isn't gone, but it's definitely not the same. I still love playing WoW -- I just don't have the ability to lose myself in the game anymore.

How have your playing habits changed? Do you play more? Less? In differently-sized chunks of time?Filed under: Breakfast Topics, Guest Posts

Breakfast Topic: Is the thrill finally gone? originally appeared on WoW Insider on Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News