Old 11-25-2004, 06:34 AM   #1
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
Mal'Ganis down for days

Taken from Dev post...

We sincerely apologize to all players who have characters on the four servers that were taken offline yesterday for emergency maintenance. They are Archimonde, Dalaran, Khadgar, and Mal'Ganis. We understand that you are all very eager to return to your characters and we understand your frustration. We are doing everything we can to bring your servers back online. However, after careful analysis, we regret to inform our players that these four realms will need to remain offline for a period of days as we migrate them to a new database cluster. We currently estimate that the total downtime will last 1-2 days. We would prefer to take this more long-term approach rather than implement a short-term fix, as we do not want to see the problems appear again later on. We know that you were looking forward to playing World of Warcraft during the holidays and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience during this downtime and we hope to get you back online soon.
-----

In light of this, are we just going to level our Horde characters in the meantime, or does everyone want to change servers?
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Icenode

Icenode RSS Feed
Ok, thats BS! And we all know they are doing it to spread the population out. Most people had 2 days work in their characters there, so they are giving them 2 days on other servers, and then they won't come back. It makes sense, but its awfully shitty.

For the Holiday, I will be on Burning Legion. (Central, PvP, Alliance)

I have recreated my Dwarf Rogue Valde there.

Its up to you guys if we return to mal'ganis after the 2 day period. Like I said, most of our characters will be about even on the servers by then.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:48 AM   #3
Muzo
PlanetSide Characters

Muzo RSS Feed
WoW Characters
yeah fuk Blizzard I'm no East Coast Server Burning blade with my longtime gay lover skeez.
Muzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
I'm just going to play my horde char until it comes back up. Personally I was planning on playing both sides roughly equally anyway. So that east coast Lightning or whatever server that a lot of us started up last night is where I'll be. I do miss my little gnome though, she's soooo cute!
Old 11-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
I'll be staying on Mal. Just gives me a chance to level my Horde character I guess.
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #6
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
UPDATE: I've bought the guild charter on Lightning's Blade (East Coast). So if anybody hops on let me know (ZsuZsu) so we can get the charter signed and the 'Horde Tribal Faction' going!
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #7
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via MSN to Cass
When i get on tonight ill sign it.

Crashing Cows since day 1.
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:59 PM   #8
Levo

Levo RSS Feed
Mal will be up again. We already have the guild there. Be patient fellas.we'll get back in again.
In the mean time, I have started an orc on the server that Viscous plays on, lvl 7 warr atm..Just messing around trying new things..takeing the air ships to different parts and discovering flight paths. Kinda cool being horde. Ran all the way from Orgmeir to thunder bluff took the eley up to the top and promtly fell off with out a parachute or bungie cord.. Freefall from Thunder Bluff..The new Xtreme game in town

My two favorite quotes:
"Ignorance Is Bliss"
"What do you mean I'm not kind?
Just not your kind"
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:05 AM   #9
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
There's nothing to be patient about... most of us already had planned on playing both horde and alliance. So we just started our horde characters sooner than planned. I don't really mind. My alliance warlock is lvl 9 on Mal just waiting for it to come back up and my horde shaman is lvl 14 and rockin hard. I'm just happy to play
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:13 AM   #10
PsychomanX

PsychomanX RSS Feed
I got Pchick playing now.. We have undead on lightning blade. Both level 9 She is mage named Jaydie and I am warlock named Babnet
PsychomanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft