WoW Characters
Old 05-08-2003, 01:11 PM   #17
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu
Stang,

All MMO's that I've played to date don't offer discounts of any kind. My wife and I always have to buy 2 of every MMO and pay for 2 accounts. It sucks.

I'm currently paying for 2 Dark Age of Camelot accounts, a Neocron account, a Shadowbane account and soon to be 2 Planetside accounts and at least 1 Star Wars Galaxies.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to start cancelling stuff, it's getting out of hand!
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:25 PM   #18
Hot Damn

Hot Damn RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Hot Damn
LOL!! Man, you need to seriously get rid of some of that I remember when you had to go ask your wife if you could play a game that charged a monthly fee!! So I take it Ana is coming to PS?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:26 PM   #19
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I have nothing else that I can cut out of my budget besides buying the needed RAM for my computer. I already don't see movies, buy CD's, go out to eat, or buy anything thats not for school or to fuel the vehicle that gets me there. Also I pay for a toll tag wich costs me over a doller to get back and forth from school.

I will wait till I get a job and have money saved up to pay for a year or so of school before joining in on PS.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:35 PM   #20
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Damn Nosferatu!!

I pretty much had a good feeling that there wouldnt be a discount just dreaming you know .

Ill just hog Gryphons account for a while .

Paying off credit cards is more important than getting 2 games and accounts right now .
Old 05-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #21
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu
Yeah, it's a wee bit excessive. I'm gonna go cancel neocron and daoc tonight because i don't play them enough to warrant paying for them.... and after re-reading my post I feel guilty.

I sure hope my wife will play Planetside. She liked Tribes 2 a lot. I offered to grab another beta from fileplanet for her and she declined, so who knows.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #22
Ambush_Bug
XMEN - XO

Ambush_Bug RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Ambush_Bug
If there was more content at release (PLATOONS, DAMMIT!) I'd pay. I can afford it the thirteen bucks, yes, but I don't feel I'll be getting the money's worth.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:04 PM   #23
Hot Damn

Hot Damn RSS Feed
I'm actually questioning whether to hang around after beta....the game is fun, but not what I would call enthralling
Hot Damn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #24
Kaioh

Kaioh RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to Kaioh Send a message via Yahoo to Kaioh
Hrm, thats kinda steep....Its not EQ.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:32 PM   #25
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
LOL, exactly! That's why i'm willing to pay... I'm not into regular actual RPGs let along the MMO ones
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 06:18 AM   #26
Malthus
PlanetSide Characters

Malthus RSS Feed
I'm willing to pay for a couple of reasons. 13 bucks isn't really alot of money....1 less lunch out every week and I could save more then enough to cover that, maybe even eat a little better too.

Also, as a bunch of us in LoS learned when we ran a BF1942 server, it's a pain in the ass. It's worth it to me to have someone else police the server, and keep out the cheats and griefers. 50 cents a day for less stress when I'm playing? Sign me up.

Last edited by Malthus; 05-09-2003 at 06:20 AM.
Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 06:41 AM   #27
Hot Damn

Hot Damn RSS Feed
Money is not the issue for me. It's the overall game goals. Take a base to lose a base to take a base to lose a base.... You lock a continent, they lock a continent, you both lose your locks, take a base, lose a base, take a base, lose a base.
Hot Damn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 06:43 AM   #28
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
There will be more content and features on release. There's no sense in giving us the whole enchilada for free, without leaving some stuff for the release group.

At this point, I'm still going to buy the game, and play it for the free month, but after that, depending on how the release version is, we'll see.

But the caveat to that is this: I don't want to see ATF be just a Beta outfit. I talked to BEE War again last night, and he told me that they were still deliberating on joining ATF, but he said that if they went Vanu, the'd be here. And he said that was a pretty sure thing.

So we have even more peeps wanting to come over.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:07 AM   #29
Malthus
PlanetSide Characters

Malthus RSS Feed
I hear ya HD...that's more a decision that everyone has to make on their own, value is a hard thing to define specifically for everyone.

That said, doesn't the musical base thing also have to do with no real incentive to defend? It's human nature to go for the greatest reward, and capping bases provides the greatest reward in xp, so thats what people seem to do. If we as an empire stopped to defend a base (in our outfits case we could probably cover 2), would that at least slow down the base game? Is it a flaw in the game or a flaw in how we play it, or both?

Regardless, I've seen so many changes just since I got into beta that I have a lot of faith in the dev teams ability to find the right balance between defensive and offensive rewards. If you don't play the game on release, definately stick around and keep track of the changes, in 3 months it might be exactly what you want to play.
Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #30
Shoddy
PlanetSide Characters

Shoddy RSS Feed
Yeah, I think you'll get some BEE in here. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be terribly many. For a few who played the beta its not holding their interest anymore. So there may only be 5 or so of us.
Shoddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2