Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2003, 12:14 PM   #46
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
When I think Chevy, I think flaking paint, and oil spots. Aerodynamic bubble cars are ugly and have no personality. Hey its a Hoda Camaro, or is it a Toyota Silverado?
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 12:58 PM   #47
Ashaman
Alliance Member

Ashaman RSS Feed
Hyundais are good cars, from what I've heard and my own experience. My third car was a Hyundai. The thing ran just fine until I totaled it in an accident.

The only problem I ever had with it was that it was too easy to slip... light car + front wheel drive = bad.

Bubble cars aren't necessarily aerodynamically sound. Look at the (relatively) new VW beetle. It's a round "buble car", but if it goes fast enough, or there is a strong enough headwind, the car will lift off the ground. That's because it's round on top and flat on the bottom.

I think one of the most aerodynamically sound production cars out there is the Audi TT. Another would be the Dodge Viper. Basically, you don't want something that has a large flat frontal area... like an older Ford or Chevy pickup.

But that's besides the point... I don't know that many people buy cars and trucks based on how well they do with their aerodynamics. It's personal preference and what gets the job done. Though people will spend less on gas if they get a car or truck that gets the job done AND has good aerodynamics.

It's funny Gryph... when I think Chevy OR Ford, I think Bothell, Monroe, Enumclaw AND Hicks. I can't stand hicks. The ones that drive the beatup 79 camaros, or their chevy or ford pickups with the oversized tires and lifted suspensions and big ass mudflaps; they suck ass.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:09 PM   #49
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
It funny how you can tell where people are from around here by their cars .
Old 05-30-2003, 02:50 PM   #50
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
I have a truck for the reasons of having a truck, to haul things around, fishing, hunting, working on carpentry things, getting dirt or mulch for the flowerbeds, etc. I'm at HomeDepot/Lowes every weekend it seems without a truck I'd have to haul a trailer or something. Then I have my boat that you have to haul with a truck and had a pop-up camper that I just sold when I moved into my house. Rest ashured though, it's completely stock cept for the radio and speakers, no lift kit, no exaust glass packs, no rebel flags (dixie), no hauling ass stickers, no mullets, no trailer home that I drive up to at home.

So many people down here in Texas get a truck cause they think they are some sort of cuntry lovin cowboy, when in fact there are no cows around the city, usually, and that they are nothing more than CONCRETE COWBOYS. So damn funny, half these hick idiots have never even set foot on a farm or ever seen a chicken coop. Damn sad, just damn sad.

Like they all look like they wanna be ready to ride their horse if needed but they've never ridden one before, and that shit hurts the hell out of your ball sack bouncing up and down on that damned animal. I rode a horse for like 1 minute one time and then bailed off it as fast as I could cause the pain of my swolen sack was too great. ICE PLEASE!!!

I don't know how to spell it but I saw a Mazaratti the other day, man that car looked TIGHT, freaking doctors and high priced managers here in Clear Lake around NASA, you see all sorts of exotic vehicles, Lambos, Ferarri, Hummer, everything...rich people are funny, you could have like 6 american cars that match 6 different outfits for the price of one of those "status" cars.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:36 PM   #51
Ravin

Ravin RSS Feed
I used to really despise Hondas and Japanese cars in general. I used to be a huge Ford and Mustang fan. I gradually got over it and realized there are (relatively) few cars out there that are complete crap. Yeah, there's the Edsels, Yugos and Pintos of the world but by and large, they all get you around where you need to go and most of em won't win any professionaly races without serious track tuning and/or cash investment.

I've seen and had rides in Hondas and Golfs that would rip the doors off any factory Mustang or Camero (even the R Cobra with 351). I've driven lots of old American iron that could beat any Japanese production car and look twice as good and 10 times as dramatic doing it. The bottom line with cars is that most folks are too wrapped up in em to be objective.

Let's see, I've owned a 72 Mercury Comet, 90 Geo Storm, 68 Mustang (351 Cleveland dropped in), 80 Ford F150, 70 T-bird (429), 93 Chevy (slammed stepside), 69 Camero (327 and 350), VERY briefly a 69 Nova, 92 Camero RS and finally a 02 Subaru WRX. I still have the WRX and the 69 Camero and it would take far more money that they're worth to get them out of my hands. An odd mix to most car/race fans but as I stated above, cars aren't something folks can debate objectively and for good reason.
Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 04:17 AM   #52
insaneferret
PlanetSide Characters

insaneferret RSS Feed
FORD

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily

Ford Owners Reccomend Dodge

dont really like american cars on a whole

Last edited by insaneferret; 05-31-2003 at 04:22 AM.
insaneferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 05:52 AM   #53
JC
PlanetSide Characters

JC RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to JC Send a message via AIM to JC Send a message via Yahoo to JC
Quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon
Camaros with 8 tracks and drivers with mullets spells L-y-n-n-w-o-o-d
That's Funny, I used to have a nice 89' Camaro; till I wrecked it so I decided to get a truck. The last time I checked I wasn't a hick either.

I thought it was defintly a cool car when I was 17, still wouldn't mind getting one of the 25th Anniversary editions Nico just posted.

Last edited by JC; 05-31-2003 at 06:02 AM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 09:31 AM   #54
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
I'm not a huge fan of ford myself... but the mid '90s Probe GT was one great car that I owned! I had a 95 actually, it performed well stock, handled wonderfully, and was even layed out well inside. Too bad a buddy of mine totaled it

My sister had an Audi TT for about 4 months... man I loved that car and would borrow it every chance I got. She whined that the seats hurt her back and so traded it in for a Porsche Boxter. Very slick car but not worth the extra 17 clams compared to the TT.

Right now I'm driving a Pontiac Grand Am that I've had for awhile. Not a fan of GM by any stretch, but the car has 150,000 miles on it (130k of which are mine) and I've never had a single problem other than normal wear and tear. Well ok, the paint on the hood is fuXored because I used to drive from Fort Lewis to Ellensburg every weekend over the pass during the winter.... damn state needs to learn to SALT roads, not just throw sand and rocks down

The plan now is to keep this thing until I'm done with school now that I'm heading back to get my degree before I'm 30. I figure that a 350Z will be my present to myself when I'm done
Old 05-31-2003, 10:41 AM   #55
Ravin

Ravin RSS Feed
Mmm, the new Z is pretty slick but do yourself a favor and look at the Ininiti G35 coupe while you're at it. It's almost the same car but I think it's a bit more user friendly. Personally I like it's looks a bit more as well, slightly less over stated.

The 92 Camero RS I had was a 25th aniv edition. The previous owner hadn't treated it nicely and it ended up causing me no end of trouble with the cooling and electrical. The 305 in it was adequate but the best I can say for it was that it made me a bigger fan of the 350.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:47 PM   #56
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
CHEVROLET

Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips

Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 07:04 PM   #57
Vito
PlanetSide Characters

Vito RSS Feed
Being the proud owner of a 1969 Camaro I won't even validate the obtuse comments made by the mustang owners. I will however brag about the new truck I bought today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vitosram1500.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	193  
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 07:43 PM   #58
JC
PlanetSide Characters

JC RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to JC Send a message via AIM to JC Send a message via Yahoo to JC
Gryphon just to let you know that is absured.

That Camaro had 220k Miles on its first Engine and it was still running great when I wrecked it. In the time I owned it (1.5yrs) the only thing I had to replace was an alternator which took a wooping $70 and 20mins of my spare time.

My Mother's 95 Chevy Tahoe now has 175k miles on it and we still take that thing on long trips cause it is the shizzy. The only complaint I have about it are the brake pads wearing out to fast. Then again how can you complain when you're trying to stop a billion pound veichle. The seat also broke when my girlfriend and I were fucking in the truck. Other then that it is awsome.

So don't talk shit f00 cause you don't know shiat

And WTF Vito, you got rid of the Audi for that!
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #59
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
I'd get rid of an Audi for a Dodge Ram. And GM can lick my hairy left nut. Corvettes and Camaros are for men in their 40's and 50's, with a mid-life crisis. There are plenty of other cars out there that'll outhandle and outperform the 'vettes. AND, on top of all that, they're ugly, disgusting cars. And They're impossible for tall people to get in and out of. gah- the horrors it brings bme back to.

I'll take anything other than a GM POS.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 11:08 PM   #60
Ravin

Ravin RSS Feed
LOL, so much for objectivity.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum