Old 08-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Wink [SWG] Color me speechless ...

Quote:

MyHandleWasTaken has been reading SOE president John Smedley's blog:

Teh Sm3dst3r posted on his blog.

http://stationblog.wordpress.com/

"It's often frustrating to work with third party IP. There's a constant battle over what the right direction is for the game, and from our own recent experience, it's not something we enjoy. It very often puts handcuffs on what we can and can't do and, frankly speaking, it's a lot harder to make great games when the IP holders don't understand the online gaming market.

The exception to this rule has been our relationship with the team at DC Comics. I have to say they are indeed a pleasure to work with. Jim Lee's involvement as the Executive Creative Director has been a hell of a lot of fun. I just saw the latest build, and the team has come up with a combat system that I think is hands down the best I've ever seen. It doesn't remotely feel like today's MMOs. It's all about the action."

Could he be insinuating that LA/LEC made them ruin the game....

And Brenlo, SOE's director of Global Community Relations (that's for all SOE games, not just SWG), posted this in response:

So, I wanted to clarify that we did, here at SOE conceive and develop the NGE. We did so with the best of intentions, to try and make a better game. No blame or buck is being passed. =)

We can, and I am sure many of us will, debate for years on end whether this was a good idea. Personally, I believe the concept of the NGE was sound. Some smart guys had some good ideas to make the game better, Jeff being one of them, and they went for it. A bold move and honestly, I am happy to be a part of a company that is not afraid to try something different.

Where did we go wrong? Delivery, we failed in our timing and communication. That is where we let you down most, SWG faithful, and for that I truly apologize.

And that's all a lot of players have been asking for. Props to Brenlo for speaking up.

Read More >>
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News