Notices

Old 01-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
"Fodder" Program on the horizon...

Looks like SOE will be rolling out a "Fodder" program in the next month or so. It will basically be a completely free version of Planetside, but with restrictions on some weapons/vehicles/etc. Also with the reported additions of a few new vehicles/weapons, could we be seeing a Planetside revival?
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Hmmmm interesting, keep us updated.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
From Zatozia on the official forums...

Quote:
We have actually been working on this topic and you should start seeing some key effort being made within the next two months. That's not to say it will take two months but I just don't have exact dates for particulars. I do know that one promotion will be occurring very soon, another at near the end of the month and more in February. As things get confirmed I'll be sure to let everyone know!

Suggestion: Game is free to download and free to play until BR10
Response: Battle Rank 10 is a bit to high. It has to be fairly low. Battle Rank 6 is low enough to want more certificates but high enough to play for a while.

Suggestion:Increase BR ranks attainable to BR30, BR40, or even BR50
Response:Sure, we could continue to increase the battle rank, but the problem is what features do we attach to the battle rank to keep the game balanced? More certificates? More implants? One of the draws to PlanetSide is that you can log in as a new person and battle against veterans without needing to be BR 25. Sure it helps to be higher but its not completely required. That's one of the things we need to be careful with when adding new battle ranks. Perhaps some other form of feature could be offered with the battle rank increase or it can just be a status thing. /shrug.

Suggestion:Increase exp for base resecures and captures significantly to promote team work and help with gaining the higher BR's
Response:I believe this was brought up in the past. Some changes were made but I believe significant changes or other methods were being considered.

Suggestion:Re-work cert values to match higher range of BR ranks, i.e.
Response:Not sure about this one.

Suggestion:Re-work BI's or caverns to promote Infantry only
Response:This is already being evaluated based on feedback already received.
as well as this interesting post...

Quote:
Seriously though, most of the promotions that I mentioned are out of game ones, including some pretty significant ones. I can't go into any details about it though.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
And this from Enrico

Quote:
Happy New Year Everyone!

Just a couple of points to cover this week:

First off... You have been heard!!!! We have turned off the Rabbit event for the time being. You will still see him from time to time but for now, not as frequent. We agree that it should not spawn when there is a good fight going on. Heck, that's what this game is all about - Huge battles. However, we think it is still a good idea to help things along if the fight is 36 hours old. Needless to say, we are going to re-examine the rewards and see if we can make it worth your while and at the same time pick some alternative locations for this event and others that may come down the pipe.

We've come back from the break this week and will be focusing on the fodder program and the infantry AV changes for the next couple of weeks. Deployable items will be assessed as soon as the art is completed. I know that everyone is excited to know the specifics of each item so we'll get you information just as soon as we can. Hang in there.

In the near future, you're going to see a different web site go up with a new PlanetSide Logo. Compliments of our marketing and web teams.

Holiday items - We're going to have an update tonight to remove those donut style hats from your heads along with the lights and gift box corpses.

Hope you all had a good holiday!
Quote:
I think we're going to be able to hit the weapon variants sooner than the vehicle variants... but yes, we still have them on the list to do.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Damn rabbit...

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2