Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Seeking the Time-Lost Proto Drake

Filed under: Items, Analysis / Opinion, Fan stuff, Odds and ends, Blizzard, Expansions, Mounts, Wrath of the Lich King

I don't know if we've mentioned this before, but even if we have, it's interesting enough to put out there again, I think. There is a dragon in the expansion that can be soloed, and drops a epic flying mount at 100% drop rate -- all you've got to do is find him. A few people have already nabbed the mount, and lots more are on the hunt right now. The mob in question is the Time-Lost Proto Drake: it's a rare elite spawn (but as I said, it's possible to solo it, especially at level 80) that shows up every six hours or so flying around the Storm Peaks. Unfortunately, none of the usual suspects have maps of where he's been seen yet, but we're hearing it's around the southern part of the zone. When he goes down, he'll drop the mount, a good chunk of gold, some Frostweave, and a random enchantment Talisman.

An interesting tactic on Blizzard's part -- on the one hand, this is definitely a big change from the huge questlines and rep grind from the netherdrakes: just kill this one dragon and you're guaranteed the mount. On the other hand, the rare spawn rate, and the fact that it is a 100% drop rate means there'll be a lot of competition, at first anyway, for the kill. But the good news is that the odds will only get better -- if you're willing to do some dragon hunting for a few hours and have some keen eyes for what's in the air, you could pick up one of the coolest flying mounts yet.Seeking the Time-Lost Proto Drake originally appeared on WoW Insider on Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News