Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
Jadal

Jadal RSS Feed
Rotating Turrent

It seems to me that whenever I see an enemy tank/apc they are able to whip their turret around with a quickness. Could be a mouse sensitivity thing, but then how would they have any kind of control when outside a vehicle.

Also, I have seen people shoot through "haze" at me. I couldnt see them but they sure as hell are able to see me. Is this another vid card issue ala Mechwarrior?
Jadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
DAKOTA
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

DAKOTA RSS Feed
if someone is firing through smoke if u put the crosshairs on a tank say through a smoke screen the enemy name in red will pop up.
DAKOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
There are mice out there (Logitech MX518) that let you toggle the sensitivty on the fly... like 3 settings. So you could set it to where you whip a tank turret around really fast, but have lower sensitivty set to when you get out and are on foot (at the switch of a button). I've heard this is possible with this mouse, but not sure.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Well mouse sensitivity is set by each thing, first person can have a different mouse setting than tank and tank have a different setting than flight and flight different than boat, look in the settings. I would imagine that certain rates would be limited for things like turret rotation however, Tribes 2 limited heavies from turning quickly no matter the mouse sensitivity.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:22 PM   #5
Jadal

Jadal RSS Feed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKOTA
if someone is firing through smoke if u put the crosshairs on a tank say through a smoke screen the enemy name in red will pop up.
Yea I've seen what you're talking about there. For me (maybe lag issue?), enemy names in red take a good long time to load. It is much more rare with friendlies but it happens with blue names too. Normally, I wouldnt care and blast away, but there arent too many forgiving souls. Getting bumped from the game is the suck. My method has become: When in doubt, bend over and take it up the pooper!

*Thanks for replies, I'll look at the settings ingame.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
Malthus
PlanetSide Characters

Malthus RSS Feed
Also, the haze can be vid card dependent. If your view distance isn't set to 100% and your opponents is, then he will be able to shoot you without you seeing him. Turn down other vid settings till your able to boost your view distance to max.
Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #7
Jadal

Jadal RSS Feed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malthus
Also, the haze can be vid card dependent. If your view distance isn't set to 100% and your opponents is, then he will be able to shoot you without you seeing him. Turn down other vid settings till your able to boost your view distance to max.
Cool, I'll check that too.

BTW, Gryphon's suggestion worked. It's under options and change the Y-axis. Just gotta tweak it till it feels right.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum