Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Cptmorgan

Cptmorgan RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Road Runner's answer to Verizon FIOS

Just got this email. WOOT!!!

Can u say CptMorgan's webhosting please?!?

Quote:
P R E S S R E L E A S E

Bright House Networks to Offer Even Faster Road Runner Service
New Service Delivers Downloads Speeds Up to 15Mbps

(St. Petersburg, FL) - Internet users seeking a faster online experience at home will soon have their need for more speed satisfied by the area’s leading provider of broadband service. Bright House Networks will launch two new super-fast levels of Road Runner High Speed Online service on Oct. 17.

The exciting new speeds are good news for gamers and other high-speed customers who frequent Internet sites loaded with large video and audio files. Faster speeds mean that those users will be able to reach their destinations and download content far more quickly.

Download speeds of up to 10 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1 Mbps are featured on one new service, while a second new service offers even more - downloads of up to 15 Mbps and uploads of up to 2 Mbps.

Digital Combo Plus customers - customers with Digital Cable, High Speed Internet and Digital Phone -
can upgrade to Bright House Networks 10 Mbps service or Bright House Networks 15 Mbps service, for an additional $10 or $15 per month, respectively. Digital Combo customers - customers with Digital Cable and High Speed Internet - can order Bright House Networks 10 Mbps service, for an additional $10 per month.

“Our current residential High Speed Internet service meets the needs of the majority of our customers,” said Kevin Hyman, president of Bright House Networks Tampa Bay division. “We’re offering these new, super-fast levels of service to satisfy the needs of a specific group of people: customers that use enhanced features and advanced applications.”

Dependability has driven customer loyalty to Road Runner High Speed Online and the other Internet providers available through Bright House, including EarthLink High Speed Internet. Bright House Networks high speed online services have a stellar record of reliability, certified at 99.99%. Fiber is the backbone of the company’s high speed network: More than 3,680 miles of fiber optic lines bring high speed data to customers in seven counties.

“Bright House Networks is the fiber leader, the first company in the Tampa Bay area to utilize its fiber optic network to roll out video, high speed data and phone serves to its customers,” said Hyman. “Our fiber network allows us to provide services today that other companies can only dream about.”

Convenience and unrivaled customer support also help explain Bright House Networks’ dominance of the market for high speed services. Activation is free and customers aren’t required to buy special equipment. In-home wiring and routine repairs are provided free of charge, while wireless home networking is available with no monthly fee. Spam blockers, antivirus programs, and video mail are among the other value-added features provided at no cost.

Bright House Networks, the Tampa Bay area’s leader in high speed data delivery, introduced Road Runner High Speed Online to the market in 1997. Since then, hundreds of thousands of customers have signed up for Internet service with the company, for download speeds of up to 5 Mbps, faster than DSL and 100 times faster than dial-up.

“We were pioneers in the high-speed revolution,” Hyman said. “We’ve definitely matured with the product. Our goal is to meet the needs of our customers, and the addition of these new tiers really helps us to accomplish that mission.”

Bright House Networks is a leading provider of entertainment and information services serving approximately one million customers in the greater Tampa Bay area. The company's fiber-optic network offers Digital Cable, HDTV, Digital Video Recorders, iCONTROL On Demand services, and multiple high-speed Internet services. It also began offering Digital Phone service in 2004. Bright House Networks is managed by Advance/Newhouse Communications.
####
Cptmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:46 AM   #2
Garich

Garich RSS Feed
WoW Characters
you're fired!
Old 10-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
Cptmorgan

Cptmorgan RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garich
you're fired!
ahhh...../counterspell ?
Cptmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Wow....that is fast. The rate increase doesnt seem too bad either
Ardamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #5
Malthus
PlanetSide Characters

Malthus RSS Feed
What does that bring your total cost for internet to?

I have Verizon Fios, 30 down/5 up and I pay 59.95/month.
Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I heard Fios sucks to some extent for gaming, of course this info comes from an insider at brighthouse, so you never know.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
Muzo
PlanetSide Characters

Muzo RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yeah I've heard the same thing. They (Verizon) supposedly block all kinds of ports to get those high speeds but who knows. If it were offered here I would definitely like to do some back to back comparisons. In my opinion it’s bout time brighthouse got competitive and offer some options to their customers.
Muzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:17 AM   #8
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Agreed.
Nizuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 AM   #9
Malthus
PlanetSide Characters

Malthus RSS Feed
The only blocked port is 80. I run an ftp server, a voice server and a game server on occasion and have no problems doing all that and playing online while my wife surfs.

Fios is no different then any other broadband for gaming. They aren't doing any special magic to give you that high a speed it's all about the fiber to the home just havin that much bandwidth available. DSLreports has a great forum about it, with a lot of info on the tech behind it.
Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:24 AM   #10
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I know the tech behind it and am very familiar with Fiber optic networks, I just heard a rumor Verizion was doing shadey shite with traffic control.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 AM   #11
MagnoliaFly
PlanetSide Characters

MagnoliaFly RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to MagnoliaFly Send a message via MSN to MagnoliaFly Send a message via Yahoo to MagnoliaFly
SO WTF you have to have the ******* digital **** to even get upgraded?

I don't want the digital ****, just faster speeds.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #12
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
sweet *s everywhere.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #13
MagnoliaFly
PlanetSide Characters

MagnoliaFly RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to MagnoliaFly Send a message via MSN to MagnoliaFly Send a message via Yahoo to MagnoliaFly
WTF is with the fsking censorship?!

This is fsking america people! Stop censoring us!
MagnoliaFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #14
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
oooh.. working on the ban I see.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 AM   #15
DarkFact
PlanetSide Characters

DarkFact RSS Feed
WoW Characters
It's wierd what gets offerd where and when. Had 15/5 with cox for almost a year now and they just started advertising it on TV recently.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum