Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
Ravok

Ravok RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Need info RE:Winterheart

Hey guys -

Now that I am committed to ATF on Mal'ganis, can I get the memo on this guild? They are here and posting, and eventually I will be signing up for these raids and what - but who are they, how long have we known them, what does it take to register as ATF on their forums and be an acknowledged player there, etc...

I will do the cursor in-game guild research of course, but was wondering how we met them and what our relationship is to them.

Thanks in advance,

Rav

Quicklock Join Date: Sep 09,2006

Alts:
Koyote/Kaeti/Moondoggy/Stonedoggy
Ravok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #2
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke
Re: Need info RE:Winterheart

Lets see... others can supply more info than me but I'll give it a shot. I believe these are some folks Samanda became acquainted with during his little vacation with NoL.

They - from what I've seen - appear to be a guild made up of people sort of like us, although I doubt they are as sick and perverted as we are. They seem to be of a similar size as well. We were invited to join with them and some folks from at least one other guild to attempt some ZG and AQ20 runs. Again, being very similar to us, they lacked the numbers required to run these on a regular basis.

We have joined in on several runs so far and I think the general consensus is that it is something that will benefit us in the long run and I think we are making every effort to make it work out.

They sometimes put a sign up thread here but it is always over on their site. Generally all you have to do is register on theirr forums - while proudly flashing that ATF badge - and they give you access to the area where the sign up thread is.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
RagingSamster

RagingSamster RSS Feed

I first met Winterhearted through Amythaon back in May. She was the chief "puller" for our raid group when I was in NoL. She has been through most of MC and was a competent leader of the runs, so much so that she was sorely missed when NoL and WH had a parting of the ways.
It seemed to me that NoL was getting enough people to raid on their own and did not want to share leadership authority any longer. Start the ensuing drama and NoL and WH parted ways. I joined WH forums and said "howdy" to keep the lines of communication between myself and the WH folks.
There was no animousity between me and WH because they knew me before I joined NoL and after they split with WH I became increasingly disheartened with NoL and what they were becoming as a guild and started longing once again to be with a group of folks that were half way sane and didn't spend most the raid spamming TS with tales of tortured body-parts movies.
I still kept in contact with WH, because they were cool, and saw that they were short on their 20 man raids and asked if I could sit in.
I'm not sure who came with us on the first runs but I remember spamming guild chat for victi...volunteers and I think Skillet may have jumped in. I am fully for mutually beneficial runs with WH, they seem to be a very similar group of folks, I may even be a bit too eager - I think we should try our luck on some MC trash mobs together.

(Samanda's [Wall of Text] crits you for 10K damage)
RagingSamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
Ravok

Ravok RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Again, thanks a lot for the information - I didnt want to simply pop my lowlevel head in and say, "HEY I am ATF! Let's go to Deadmines!" ROFL

Looking forward to seeing more folks as I work the system.
Ravok is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft