Notices

Old 05-12-2003, 12:54 PM   #16
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu
Dude....

Don't make me come over there and smack some sense into you!! : )

Very sorry to see you go. It's ok, you'll come crawling back when you realize just how hollow, empty and miserable your life is with no Planetside!!

Maybe I'll catch up with you in SWG, I'm still planning on playing it too when it comes out, but I've given up on that beta.

TTFN!
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:12 PM   #17
tuftedpuffin

tuftedpuffin RSS Feed
Actually I agree with him. PS is not a long-term attention-keeper for me. I'd prolly buy it if it was free to play, but I'm not going to pay monthly for it.

But I'll continue to play until end of beta, and will miss having HD around.

Gambit wuz here.
tuftedpuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:27 PM   #18
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I am with Gambit. There is just not enough to make it worth the upkeep. Even when they add naval combat and other things, it still wont be worth the upkeep. If they add a civilian portion to the game, so you can have the fast pace battles with the slow pace building and living, and have them integrated together so that the vehicles have to be built at a factory in the Santuary and then shipped to the bases where the troops can get them for example. That would make the game, at least for me, worth more of what their asking for.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:16 PM   #19
SirDiesalot

SirDiesalot RSS Feed
WoW Characters
i been thinking the same thing.... but for me... even T2 by itself would get old. you play and play.... get owned... own.. win... lose... for what? sounds to me like you're making the classic "gotta have my priorities straight" excuse which we all know is lame (albeit needbe IF it means you'll be able to play MORE in the future). whether you win or not what's the point? the instant you WIN it means precisely dick cuz you start over at nill on the next map. then why do you play? even winning a CTF in T2 is not really an achievement if you think about it. then what for? to play with your friends (fun) and/or the good of the tribe (recognition on rankings) or outfit in this case. and THAT is why i will continue to play once i start.

*edit* to clear things up. you DO get achievement in PS. it's just that it's a MMO world you find your own purpose. make your own goals. whether it's "take that base", "hack that CP", keep your forces running at full strength"(medic) etc. the ultimate goal of the empire is domination... but you'll never achieve that (because it was (or was supposed to be) designed so that wasn't possible) so you make your own goals.

Last edited by SirDiesalot; 05-12-2003 at 02:26 PM.
SirDiesalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #20
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Damn HD we will miss ya buddy. You've got a great head on our shoulders for command-type stuff. Too bad you decided to go...
Old 05-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #21
Snuf

Snuf RSS Feed
I have to agree with HD, really. I'm not really getting caught up in this game to the point I'll buy it and pay monthly to play. There's potential, but the game as it stands now is pretty hollow. It's fun to take a base, sure, but when you log in next it's a completely different chess board, and all you worked for is gone, well, no thanks. The gameplay itself isn't really all that tough either (which is why I play T2 still. It takes skill to move effectively in that game. PS in no way compares in that department). I'll stick around through the beta, but after that, I'll be done I believe.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #22
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
Man sorry to see ya go, you had some great ideas too.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 11:56 AM   #23
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Hey snuf where have you been lately in T2? I miss doing the voice paks with ya .
Old 05-13-2003, 11:57 AM   #24
Ambush_Bug
XMEN - XO

Ambush_Bug RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Ambush_Bug
I don't think I'll be picking up retail either. Mostly because the PlanetSide team has no freaking clue how to make a proper freelook. I wanted into PS to drive vehicles, particularly tanks, and the view implementation is SO bad that it's not fun to drive 'em. Never mind that it's worse on air vehicles.

I agree the game has a lot of potential, but it's got so many rough edges in my opinion that I'm not interested at the moment. If it gets a lot better after release, I may pick it up then.

That, and I'm paying rent on two apartments right now.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:10 PM   #25
SirDiesalot

SirDiesalot RSS Feed
WoW Characters
hopefully we'll see you not long after release. i myself probably won't be able to play till july
SirDiesalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:38 PM   #26
Snuf

Snuf RSS Feed
I haven't been around at all lately on the gaming front, really. Girls, Canucks in the playoffs(this is resolved unfortunately ), better weather and a long weekend this coming weekend have taken up a lot of my time.

I'll see what I can do to clear some of that up for ya Stang
Snuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:41 PM   #27
PrincessAmy
PlanetSide Characters

PrincessAmy RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to PrincessAmy
So sorry to hear that...

That's too bad...I thought that we were all having a great time...maybe you'll miss us all and join in again.
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:56 PM   #28
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
It's tough right now... Wife Gradumacates tomorrow, so life is pretty scary. Plus, the remodelling job that was worth $29,000 fell through, so I gotta find something else to do right quick. I still want to play, but when is an issue right now. 1 student and 1 looking for work doesn't make much money right now.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:59 PM   #30
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
Ya know, you keep saying that... I still got 1 more year Gry, before I really want to move anywhere.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum